Join the team!
We are seeking an Administrative Assistant to join our staff through April 2015. You will provide general clerical support, including but not limited to data entry, filing, web research, phone/email customer service, and other projects. In addition, assist the Development team with fundraising outreach including delivering marketing collateral to community businesses, and assist the PR team with contact list and calendar maintenance.
The ideal candidate will be personable, have excellent written and verbal communication skills, and desire to learn what goes on behind the scenes of a performing arts nonprofit.
- A strong working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite (esp. Word and Excel).
- Working knowledge of Google Suite (esp. Drive)
- Comfort online using internet tools such as Blogger, online forms/ interfaces, various online applications, and various Social Media platforms.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and customer service —face to face, email and on the phone.
- · A desire to learn a must.
- · A sense of humor a must.
- Filemaker Pro database experience.
- Adobe Design and Web Suite experience.
- Experience in the nonprofit arts sector.
To apply please email your resume and brief cover letter telling us why you are a good fit for Moisture Festival to jobs <at> moisturefestival <dot> org.
Position is open until filled. $11.50/hr. Temporary (Dec 2014 – Apr 2015). Part-time (begins 15hrs/week ramping up to 35hrs/week by March/April)
More about Moisture Festival:
Moisture Festival is a 501(c)(3) performing arts nonprofit with offices in Seattle’s Fremont neighborhood. For the last 11 years we’ve produced a four-week festival in the spring, presenting comedy/varietè and burlesque performances, including benefits for charity, in numerous venues around Seattle. In the spring of 2014, approximately 13,000 patrons delighted at all the weird, wonderful and sublime talents of the Moisture Festival’s aerialists, acrobats, clowns, comedians, puppeteers, jugglers, dancers, musicians and more. We are currently the longest and largest festival of this kind in the world, presenting over 250 performers in more than 50 shows in 2014.