Moisture Festival, the world largest and longest variety arts festival of its kind, is seeking a skilled professional to fill the position of Director of Development.
Moisture Festival presents an annual Comedy/Varietè extravaganza each spring in the greater Seattle area. Over a four-week period we present 50+ events featuring over 200 artists attracting 13,000 patrons to our shows. Now entering our thirteenth year, our non-profit organization is poised for even greater success. This unique and extremely popular festival showcases varietè, comedy, aerial, vaudeville, cabaret, music and burlesque artists from all over the world.
We are a creative group of performers and arts administrators who work diligently and take our fun very seriously. We are looking for someone who has that same work ethic to join our team. Our goal is to positively impact the world one laugh at a time.
The Director of Development will cultivate and manage new and returning sponsors, grantors and donors. Communication and fulfillment are priorities. We currently have wonderful support from many small businesses, generous donors and in-kind sponsors. Our Director of Development will build on our present level of support and bring a substantial increase to funding through corporate sponsorship, grants, creative fundraising events and creation of a solid individual giving program.
• Actively prospect and strategically pursue funding opportunities in all areas
• Acquire and maintain sound knowledge and understanding of Moisture Festival and its philosophy and goals
• Generate revenues through well-researched, well-written and well-documented fund-raising proposals
• Maintain ongoing City and County grants as well as apply for new applicable grants
• Coordinate accurate and timely reporting on all aspects of fundraising strategy
• Maintain accurate funding and contact information in our Little Green Light database, with the support of our part-time Office Assistant
• Develop compelling electronic and written communications, including thank you letters, newsletters and annual reports
• Maintain and cultivate our continuing relationship with current sponsors, donors
• Work with the Board of Directors to hone our annual timeline of funding campaigns
• Other duties as assigned
• Minimum of 3 years experience successfully raising funds from community, corporate and private sources in the non-profit sector
• A dynamic sense of humor and harmony
• Ability to problem-solve, adapt to changing priorities, communicate with diverse groups and maintain confidentiality
• Strong time-management skills and ability to prioritize multiple assignments in order to meet tight deadlines
• Proven ability to work collaboratively and independently to achieve specific fundraising goals
• Availability to be present at development oriented Moisture Festival events
We are looking for someone who loves live performance, working with an energetic group of talented individuals and appreciates the value of this art form. This is a minimum 3/4 time position that could be full time with the right person. Our offices are located in Fremont in Seattle. Salary is competitive with the current market.
If this looks like the job you've been waiting for, please e-mail your resume to email@example.com including a cover letter telling us why you would be a perfect fit. No phone calls please.